This test is for the website of The Capitol Theatre, a community and Broadway stage in Yakima, WA. This is the site at the time of the test.
What Does This Website Do?
- This is the official website of The Capitol Theatre, where you can get the all the information about shows, times, and tickets.
- It appears to be a type of community theater organization.
- The website is for the Capital Theatre in Yakima Washington, a local community theater.
- The website is for the Capitol Theatre. It provides information about what the Capitol Theatre is all about and the various different arts that you can see there.
- This is a web page for a local theater with updates about their current and upcoming shows. You can also buy tickets on the site and donate to the theater.
- It’s for the Capitol Theatre, a theatre that holds plays and local shows.
- It’s a website that sells tickets to a community theater.
- This is the website belonging to a community theater. From here you can buy tickets online and see information about upcoming plays.
- Provides information about upcoming events that will take place at “The Capitol Theatre”. Allowing people to get up to date information for not only The Capitol Theatre but also the 4th Street Theatre.
- This website is about a theater in Washington.
Best Current Feature
- The background design is awesome and the font style used is also very attractive. The best feature is that the homepage has all the necessary information upfront.
- I like the left side of the page, that has the information most people will look for, like tickets, current and future shows, and calendar of events.
- I like the minimalistic design of the web page, it is easy to navigate.
- I think it’s great that it is a very comprehensive site, yet has a clean look and it’s easy to navigate. It contains a lot of information, from purchasing tickets, to donating, to a calender, to info in the news about the theater, contact info, links to blogs and social sites. With this amount of information, a website lacking good design would be very cluttered and it would be hard to find the information you’re looking for.
- The best feature on the page is the shows, subscriptions and tickets tab. I think it is the most important part of the web page so people will know how much it will cost.
- It is well laid out and you can easily find anything you are looking for. It is not cluttered at all and is very easy to read.
- I like that I can get to the calendar of events with ONE click from the homepage. You would be surprised at the number of arts/event websites that make this more difficult than it should be.
- The best thing I noted in this website apart from the nice splash page, I liked the categorization of the different modules on the homepage for easy access.
- Easy to follow, the colors are nice and easy on the eyes. The navigation is clean and simple.
- The best feature on this web site is the splash page leading into the main content. That is incredible.
The design is clean yet a little elegant, and navigation is simple and basic. The reviewers like how easy it is to find the information most people will be looking for when they come to this site; shows, times and tickets.
One Thing To Improve
- If you missed the flash on the splash page, it’s not immediately clear where theatre is located, especially which state. Something on the home page about what city/state the organization was located would be helpful.
- The only thing I found a bit confusing was the Donate Now link. The instructions do not match what is displayed. Also, there should be a blurb about the security of donating on line, where my funds were going to be targeted. Perhaps a phone number as well for those that don’t feel fully confident in donating on line. Other than this, the site looks great!
- I would like to see more videos of upcoming and past shows.
- The text area should be expanded so it’s not so narrow.
- I do not like when you go to a web page and have to click enter site to get to the real site. It tends to make me more reluctant to go to the page.
- There should be a slideshow showing the recent five upcoming events.
- The homepage has a video preview of one of the upcoming events. When I clicked through to other events on the calendar, I was hoping to see more video previews, but I was disappointed. They should do video previews for all their shows.
- Categorize the left hand navigation links and transfer them across the top, then widen the middle section of the pages.
- Perhaps provide the option to download videos of the previous plays, so that missed plays can be watched at home for nominal fee.
- The videos on the website are too long.
These are good suggestions and the changes would be very minimal. The most important would probably be the additional videos; people would like a small preview of the show they’re interested in purchasing a ticket to see.
Updating the instructions on the Donate page, displaying the address on the home page, and widening the center column are all quick, simple changes that would really improve first impressions. Then the site would be ready for retesting.